MapleStory M is available on the Play Store

Description of your forum.

MapleStory M is available on the Play Store

Postby Mmoak2018 » Sat, 05 May 2018 9:45 am

MapleStory M is Nexon's latest attempt to deliver the Maplestory Mesos MMORPG to Android. They had attempted previously in 2015 with the release of Pocket MapleStory, but fans of the PC version were not too pleased with the changes made to the game and its god-awful controls. Back in October of 2016 MapleStory M was released in Korea, but there wasn't any word about an English release. Well, it looks like we now know for sure that an English version is coming stateside as a public beta is on the Play Store at the moment.

Now, one thing you will want to remember is that the recent English record of MapleStory M will just be accessible on the Play Store until January 30th. The official launch is planned for sometime later this year. Therefore, if you want to jump into the MMORPG gameplay, then you ought to do so post haste, since the clock is counting down. Additionally, it is worth pointing out that the game's servers will be wiped following this beta is finished, so any progress you make in the game is going to be lost when it's officially published. Fortunately any in-app buys which will definitely be in the final release are not active for this beta, so there's no way to eliminate any cash while testing the title out.

If you are not familiar with MapleStory, it is a highly popular Korean 2D MMORPG that has been accessible on PC since 2003. Yes it is super grindy, and yes it is very pay-to-win, but that's never appeared to stop any of its own fans. As for what sets MapleStory M besides its PC predecessor, well, not too much, and that is a fantastic thing. Sure there are a few quality of life improvements for simpler touchscreen controls. One of those is that the inclusion of an auto questing button at the top left of this display, just like you'd expect to see in nearly all mobile MMOs out there. Of course, any auto characteristics are optional, so you're free to play how you like, which is very good for those people who plan on playing manually.

Oh, also if you're counting on any sort of controller support, the beta does not have any such attribute. Maybe this will be added in later, but that's most likely a stretch since the game has been available in Korea for a bit more than a year now, and so much as I know it does not have controller support.

All in all, I must say I was surprised to watch MS2 Mesos show up on the Play Store with an English version. I am even more excited because it's indeed a whole lot closer if not almost precisely the same as the PC version. Sure the super grindy gameplay will not be for everybody, and there's absolutely no doubt that Nexon will be nickel and diming its fans when the game's IAPs are dwell from the finished product. But even with all of the regular complaints, there's something very endearing about the sport that is tough to simply shrug off.
Mmoak2018

Re: MapleStory M is available on the Play Store

Postby Tobin » Sat, 15 Feb 2020 2:38 pm

I was a usually player for the game but then I got super busy with the dissertations writing services so I could not play it anymore. However, I have heard that with the new update, they have made it worse.
Tobin

Return to Music Made Easy